Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Kindergarten Day 2

So the second day of school Caleb came home and told me that he had gotten lost and did not know where his classroom was. He knew from that from the library you go up the stairs and turn, but he did not know which stairs or how to get to the library. So I asked him what he did and like it was no big deal he said I just asked someone and they told me where to go but he didn't know his teachers name either...he called her the wrong name. Problem being that he still did not know how to get there the next day.
So, my thoughts are churning about the no teacher and never seeing his classroom so I could not help explain and now my kid is lost at school. UGH! What happened to the name tags that would identify them as kindergartners and the extra help they would get off the bus. I called the office and they of course said that all he had to do was ask for help the next day but I did not feel like that was enough. Caleb is no dumb kid. If you show him the way he will find it but all of this mixed up stuff was not right. I spoke to another mom and she suggested I contact the principal. She was not in her office when I called and since I had to be at work in a bit I shot her an e-mail. She of course called right away, but I missed her so she responded via e-mail that she would personally see to it that Caleb was walked to his classroom. Thankfully she was great and reassuring and Caleb did not have any other problems.

No comments: