Saturday, January 29, 2011

I'm back

So I totally suck and hate the fact that my blog has been so neglected. I decided at the beginning of the year that I was going to update it, and even go back if I could, but I was not going to set myself up to fail either. So much has happened since August when I last updated. I have gone back and added photos and comments with the correct date, but it is just not the same. The photos bring back memories, but not the complete details which is why it is so important that I keep this current-ugh!

Life seems to have gotten the better of me since the end of August. The babies moved from 2 naps to 1 and that whole entire process was not fun. It was around the time Caleb started school and needed to be done since they were not napping in the afternoon, but I lost my hour in the am to get things done. Not that life wasn't busy to begin with, it just seemed to get worse. Constantly trying to keep them moving so they would not fall asleep all the while getting Caleb up and out the door to school and then picking him up at the bus stop just a short time later. Taking the babies places so they had a change of scenery, but not too far otherwise they would nap in the car and that would be a disaster. Unfortunately since August that has not changed a whole lot especially since Cohen thinks it is time to get up at 5am. Now he can fall asleep at 8am because he has been up for so long rearranging things in his room.

The babies can get out of their beds which makes us crazy. Yes, I still call them the babies even though they are almost 2. I could buy them crib tents, but they are 50 a pop and I need 3 so we are just dealing. They are almost 2 and Caleb was in his big boy bed by then too. Most of the time is it not that bad and we have figured out that if we sit 'on guard' in their room they will stay in bed and go to sleep. Sometimes at nap time I too nap in the rocker until they all pass out.
They are very challenging, more so now than when they were infants. When they were babies I was tired, very very tired, but they were very good babies and I was blessed. Now, they wear my butt out. It is a mental and physical exhaustion. The constant battles, constant clean up, constant control, constant correcting along with the constant fun and laughter. Most days I don't know whether to laugh or cry. As of recently we have added more locks to drawers that were never locked before, added bungee cords to gates and chairs to keep them safe, locks that were thought to be good failed and had to be replaced with newer fancier magnetic lock and now we need a key to access our utensils.

Potty training has started, I think they are ready, but I am not sure that I am. I just never thought it would happen so soon. Someone said to me how wonderful it would be for them to be out of diapers and yes if I could snap my fingers and that would happen that would be great, but this has been a total nightmare. Everyone wants to help each other and someone is flushing while the other is waiting for something to happen. Toilet paper everywhere. Concerned helpers and celebrators at the same time. Christian is probably the most ready, Cecilia is on the verge and Cohen I haven't even attempted with him but he is definitely an active participant. He has gone in the potty several times, but could really care less other than the reward. I actually moved the potty chairs to the living room since that is where we are mostly but they still seem to fight over the same potty chair even though they are EXACTLY the same. Being naked seems to work the best for them however now is the time I wish all of my belongings were covered in plastic and I didn't have any carpet. I guess just like with anything else there is probably not a 'great' time so I just have to work hard on the ones that are ready and go from there.

Caleb is still the best big brother that we could ask for. He is rough at time, but he is also very generous and caring at the same time.

No comments: