Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Black tongue...busted?

So I learned a cool trick from my next door neighbor that if you tell your kid their tongue will turn black when they lie you can catch them better. So I decided that would be great to do with Caleb since he is the master at lying and I can never tell if he is telling me the truth or not. Of course it is minor things like whether or not he drank his milk or dumped it down the sink when I wasn't looking. He tells me often that he too has eyes in the back of his head but they are hidden just like mine.

So today I was taking a shower and Caleb was eating his cheerios. When I got out he asked for a treat because he ate all of his cheerios and even drank the milk. Next he goes on to say look mom...is my tongue black as he sticks it out. What the heck?? How do I respond? So I run to the sink and there is an empty bowl there..no milk, no cheerios. So I move it quickly and check to see if I can see anything in the garbage disposal. I seriously did not know what to do. I don't know if he was telling the truth or just testing to see if the black tongue theory was really true or not. I guess I will never know but I assumed he was telling the truth and gave in to the treat.

I do have to say though that he is his worst enemy. He always ends up ratting himself out like the time he was supposed to finish what was on his plate and not only did he dump it all in the sink, but pushed it down into the garbage disposal hole. He tells us, "I ate all of my dinner and didn't put any of it in the sink or the garbage disposal' At first glace that was true until I looked closer remembering our garbage disposal lesson a couple of weeks prior. It was all there.

This kid is tricky so I am just going to have to stay on top of his game....yeah right!!

No comments: