Monday, April 27, 2009

I'm still here :)

Yep, still eating, breathing and somewhat sleeping. Things are going really well for all of us here at the Gardner house. The babies are starting to really show their true personalities and Mark has nicknamed all of them the hungry hippos. Cohen by this point is probably about 7lbs and Cecilia and Christian are over 6lbs so they are doing well. I have still been pumping to feed them but my milk supply is only about 8 ounces every 4 hours when they eat so one of them typically has to have a bottle of formula since they each eat around 4 oz. Unless I actually feed them myself my milk supply have most likely leveled off, but everyone says that I really can't be expected to supply milk for 3 babies. I would love to not pump and sleep a little bit more, but that small can of formula that costs a small fortune keeps me going...we'll see how long I can last.

Cohen is always bright eyed and even though he is the baby he is the biggest and most alert with what looks like a light brown hair. Cecilia is well, Cecilia. She has been showing her personality these last few days and seems to know what she wants when she wants it---NOW!!!! (if you get my drift). She, as hard as it is to believe looks like she is going to be a red head. We had them outside yesterday and it was really red but we continue to be surprised and keep examining it. She is definitely already daddy's little girl. Caleb says too that she is his girl and the boys are his buddies. Christian so far is the laid back one of the bunch. He seems to go with the flow the most and is definitely our little Caleb by his looks. He actually has a lot more hair than Caleb did and it is very blonde. Most of the time it works it way into a point on the top of his head.

The babies eat every 4 hours but since it takes about an hour and a half to feed all of them it seems to sneak up on me. Thank goodness for grandma's, they have been a HUGE help allowing me to get some extra z's in here and there. I have a lot of photos, but every time I try to get to the computer I seem to get sidetracked or run out of time before someone needs to eat. I promise I will post some soon!!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I am so happy to hear that they are eating and growing well! How fun that you are starting to see their personalities coming out now. What a great time!! Get some sleep when the grandma's are there!!! Take advantage while you can.

Sam said...

Andi, my heart is melting just hearing about them! I cannot wait to meet them!! And I can't wait to give you, Mark & Caleb big hugs...Nolan's really excited about seeing his pal, too. Maybe Caleb can give him some pointers about being a big brother:) Love you!