Monday, February 22, 2010

Covert operation

For the past month or so things have become increasingly tricky with the babies around. So, as the title of this post suggests, simple things throughout our day have become secret missions. Loading and unloading the dishwasher is nearly impossible with them around. They not only climb on the door of the open dishwasher, but climb all the way in, pull clean dishes out and make them dirty or pull dirty dishes out which is gross. Throwing something away in the trash/recycling cans which are in the pantry is hard too. They like to eat trash/paper and pull the broom/dust pan out along with anything else they can get their hands on. Opening the refrigerator or freezer door because they of course like to climb in and pull everything off the door. Changing the channel by remote or calling someone on the phone. These are all simple daily tasks that now have to be planned accordingly when babies are present. I find myself sneaking to do all of these things and find great joy in my success when my missions go unnoticed. I complain about this, but at the same time, I think it is hilarious. Have you ever tried to pull 3 babies out of the refrigerator, listen to the fighting over the phone/remotes. I am outnumbered and need to choose my battles carefully.