Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Typical day

In case you are wondering what our typical day is like I usually feed the babies between 6:30/7 and then Caleb wakes up by 8/8:30. Lately the babies have been up a lot at night which is really driving me crazy. I used to feel rested, but now I am worn out and my mind feels fuzzy from the constant interruptions. They are usually always in bed by 8pm and then we feed them between 10/11 so many nights I am not in bed until 12. Then...the fun begins :) They have been starting to wake up around 3 or 4 and I make my way in their room adjust them or give whoever it is their pacifier and go back to bed and repeat about every half hour or so until about 6/6:30 when I decide to give up and pump to feed them. They used to sleep but not anymore. Everyone asks if they wake each other up and the answer is no, they only wake up me. They are all teething so I guess that is the problem but man alive collectively they have a lot of teeth so I hope this is not par for the course.

Here is a morning that they were all so tired from their middle of the night activities they fell back asleep after their morning feeding. Yes, it is getting a little crowded when they are all in the crib together.

So they are still fed every 4 hours from that morning feeding and I am still pumping so they get 50/50 my milk and formula. Caleb is home with us every day now except for Fridays when he is with my mom and T-Th afternoons when he is at school. The hardest part of my day is juggling the babies and Caleb. The babies are demanding more attention and Caleb needs a lot too so it is sometimes a power struggle. We manage to survive and with the help of others life is a little easier some days and a little harder others.

1 comment:

Katie said...

andi,
mine were having the same sleeping issues you described, but when i separated my kids into their own beds they slept WAY better. i kicked myself for not separating them sooner. just a thought :)
hope to see you again soon...