Tuesday, September 15, 2009

What's new in the world of babies

So the babies are getting huge as I am sure you can tell from the pictures. Christian (by our scale at home) weighs around 17 1/2 lbs and Cohen is 16 1/2 so there is about a pound difference between the two and then Cecilia is probably a pound or so lighter than Cohen. She is so petite, Christian is the haus and Cohen is just well smiley. We will get more official dates in a couple of weeks when we go to the dr, but I looked back at Caleb's info and Christian is exactly the same as what Caleb was at this point (he is a true mini-me)

They are all rolling around the room. Cecilia is the most active followed by Christian and the Cohen rolls around, but he is pretty content staying where you put him. When they are on their bellies, they are all pushing up and pulling their knees towards their bellies (especially Cecilia) so I'm sure they will be crawling before long (scary, I know). I am going to pick up my superyard gate tomorrow but I still have a LOT of childproofing before they can venture out into the house. I think every toy Caleb has is a choking hazard

They are all definitely teething and drum roll please......Christian's first tooth popped through the gums on Sunday morning. Can we just fast forward to when they are all in?? Just kidding, it is my lack of sleep speaking up there.

Cecilia likes to stick out her tongue and chuckles a lot; Christian admires his hands a lot while spitting and blowing raspberries; Cohen found and likes to hold on to his feed, is starting to giggle/laugh out loud a lot more and of course smiley smiles all of the time.

They have been eating cereal since they were about 4 months old and seem to be doing well with it. I started making baby food for them and today they had veggies for the first time. Peas were on the menu. Cohen hated them and was making awful faces, Christian couldn't get enough and Cecilia just liked them ok. I only have green beans, peaches (which are very yummy), bananas and pears made so I need to get to work on some more veggies.

2 comments:

Katie said...

good work on making your own food! hope it is going well!

Sam said...

Love the updates!