Friday, November 27, 2009

sick

What is it with my kids getting sick on the holidays? Cohen was needy all day yesterday and thankfully Aunt Sarah and others helped tend to him while they were here. Everyone said that he was pulling on his left ear. I called the dr and of course they would not call in anything but I did have some numbing drops from his last ear infection. Between that, the ibuprofen he and the swing was ok (loves the swing when he is not feeling well). Today I took him to the doctor and it was confirmed that he did have a puss pocket in his ear. I just knew they were going to tell me nothing was wrong with him. When the doctor walked in and said 'you are not supposed to be smiling, you are sick' and I thought here we go again, but not this time. Last time he had the flu so really it just wasn't 'nothing'. I just don't want to be 'that mom' that is taking her kid to the doctor all of the time. This time we were right on with the ear infection diagnosis. Now, if we could all just get rid of these snotty noses we would be in good shape!

Last night was the worst night I have had with the kids in months. Everyone was up at some point or another and Cecilia was probably the worst. She was up for about 2 hours so I laid with her on the couch finally and she fell asleep. Thankfully Mark got up with all of them this morning so I was able to sleep a little longer, but he was up with them too so we were both tired today. Hopefully tonight is not a repeat of last night!!!

No comments: