Saturday, October 17, 2009

Infected

Well, when we went to the doctor last week we seemed to have managed to come home with a present. Cohen had a fever last weekend and we thought that it was teething or another ear infection. Monday morning Mark agreed that we should call to have his ears checked so I did. I even at one point thought about canceling since he seemed fine and then he had a melt down for about an hour and could not be calmed down which is totally not him. So we went in and he was smiling at everyone at the office which was the reason I was apprehensive about taking him in since the last time we thought he had an ear infection it was just teething. So the doctor came in and of course there was no ear infection and I was like seriously, this is all just teething?? I am in big trouble!! I think he felt sorry for me so he went a head and swabbed him for the flu since everyone and their brother have it and surprise, surprise he had it too (Influenza A). I was shocked and extremely upset. We had just been with Marks entire family for Sunday dinner and all I could think about was infecting all of them. Plus, it is so early in the season and someone is already sick...how do I keep them all from getting this and how do I handle 3 sick babies. What if I get sick....whew, it was stressful just thinking about it.

I am happy to announce that we survived and as of this evening no one else is sick. I have been lysoling and sanitizing toys like crazy but I guess it has worked. Cohen had his moments, but he was such a good boy. I think he was struggling with his teeth more so than anything. His first tooth popped out last weekend and another one is ready to pop out any minute.

No comments: