Saturday, June 12, 2010

Allergic??

So what does a mom do when she thinks that her kid might be allergic to something??? I don't know, but I grabbed the camera. I figured I would need to show the doctor what was going on and explaining without pictures is just not as much fun.

After the kids were one I gave all of the kids cinnamon and sugar toast and Christian and Cohen's faces got really red. Nothing else happened so I was not too concerned about it. At their one year appointment as I was telling Dr. Wilson about what happened Mark says...'wait...you gave them cinnamon and SUGAR toast??' and I respond, 'yeah, so....anyway they got really red and were breathing fine, etc, etc' and Mark says again 'cinnamon AND SUGAR?' What the heck? Who eats just cinnamon on toast, of course you have to have sugar. I told him if he wants to get up every morning and make a gourmet breakfast for us before he leaves for work that would be fine with me and the discussion suddenly ended. Somehow we manage to have these little discussion in front of our pediatrician who undoubtedly laughs at us and I am sure thinks we are nuts.

So they have not had cinnamon since but I did give them hummus and this is what happened to Christian. AS you can see his skin is a bit irritated, but he is very happy. Not too concerned as I think hummus and cinnamon are more of a skin irritant than a severe allergic reaction.

Christian
Notice the red 'v' on his neck


No comments: