Tuesday, June 15, 2010

He did it!

I am so proud of Caleb because he has been pull-up free for almost two months and it has been weeks since he had an accident. I decided it was time to stop wearing pull-ups when they were dry half of the mornings. My other incentive was that I was tired of buying them. As we got closer to running out of them, I kept telling him that he was a big boy and didn't need them anymore. I'm sure that part worked, but I know Caleb and he works better when incentives were involved. So, I went to the dollar store and bought up a bunch of stuff and started wrapping. We also made a chart called 'Caleb's Good-Nites' and every morning when he did not have an accident he got a check mark and a choice of a gift. I had promised him that if he got 5 nights in a row he could get a bigger gift.

Every morning he was very excited about the chart and opening a present so it did the trick. I knew that like anything else the newness would wear off and everything would just fall into place and it did. Once the presents were gone he didn't ask about them anymore and has not had an accident since. Since he had been accident free for such a long time I did take him to get a color blaster water gun one afternoon that he had been begging for. What a mistake! That thing is the worst toy I think I have ever bought. First off, it leaks so you have to hold it upright. If it leaked water that would be fine, but the water is dyed and there are warnings that it might stain clothing and anything else it touches....and it does stain. Caleb used it a couple of times and I too think that he was very disappointed with the product. His super soakers are much more fun!!

1 comment:

Jeff said...

Wow! I just checked our your site and it is adorable. Your pictures and stories are great. It seems like you have a lot of fun sharing! How cool. Hope you both, or all enjoy a great and Happy Father's Day.
Jeff & TJ