Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Arch

I have been wanting to take Caleb up into the arch for a long time. He see it quite often when he go to my grandmas in IL and I guess he has probably seen it somewhat close up, but he had never been to the actual base of the arch and up inside it. I was excited to take him since most places I get to take him he has already been to. I had not been there since I was about 10 so it was I didn't really remember what to expect either.

His whole focus was on getting up to the top and then to get dippin dots on the way out. Oh, and he wanted to take a picture for Mark. Once we got in, we had to wait about 30 minutes for the next available tour. We checked out the museum and then got in line. Once in line we had to wait and watch videos which of course for Caleb was a lifetime.

Once at the top Caleb was a little nervous he was going to fall, but then he got the lay of the land and was excited to check it all out. We were only up there for about 5 or so minutes, but enough time to see what we needed to see and get on our way to get those dippin dots.

I have to be honest that I was REALLY nervous about the capsule ride and looking down from the top. As I have gotten older I have become anxious about small spaces and heights, but I was a big girl and did just fine. It actually wasn't bad at all. We were lucky though because we were with another mom and dad and their 5 year old little girl. I was envisioning several other large people with Caleb and I.
Mom and Caleb waiting for our ride back down
Caleb and Busch Stadium
Caleb in the capsule
Caleb and the Arch






No comments: