Friday, October 17, 2008

12 Weeks!

Well technically I will be 12 weeks tomorrow, but its late and we have a busy day tomorrow (pumpkin patch and bon-fire). The last two months have been a whirl wind since we found out that we were having triplets! Lots of planning and things to think about. I joined a group called MOMMES (Mothers of Multiples in the Metro East and St. Louis) and they have been awesome. I was given a mentor to help me with any questions I have and she has been great. The funny thing is that we share the same OB so we at least started with something in common :) She also lives here in South County and was also a member of the MOMS Club that I am in so she recognized my name. Baby Gear!! The first big items I got were my car seats. They are practically brand new (17 months old to be exact) and Laura (my mentor) gave me them! What a deal! They were given to her by some organization at the hospital so she wanted to pass them along to another triplet mother. They are the graco snug ride in a very popular pattern that everyone has. Oh, and two of them are a coffee and black color and the other.....can you guess.....it is PINK! The next big item I found was a stroller for all of those seats to sit in. Basically it is a metal frame that weighs 21lbs. $415 new and someone in the MOMMES group was selling it for $150 and it is in great condition. We're on a roll.....the next big items we needed were baby beds and I was able to find two at reasonable prices. Oh....and you wonder where are we going to put these little bundles of joy when they get here? Good question! Poor Caleb is going to have to move back into the 'baby' room. We of course will be redecorating and grandpa has agreed to make him a bunk bed so that will make it super cool-what kid would not want that? Ok, this is the 3rd night this week I have been up past 10 and I just noticed it is 10:03. Yeah-I think I am getting my energy back-Hooray! Ok, for real though it may be 10 and I did get up before 6 this morning with no nap (can you believe it) so I really have to go. I will try to keep this as updated as possible and I promise that I will have pictures added soon (as soon as I figure this all out). The hope is that Mark will add some posts as well.

1 comment:

Sam said...

You are so organized, nobody could handle this better than you. I'm so overjoyed for you!!!