Friday, December 5, 2008

Is it real yet?

So I have been asked a couple of times lately if it is really sinking in yet that we are having triplets. Honestly, I don't know that it is. I am definitely in full swing with planning for their arrival however I don't really know what to expect. It is sort of like being pregnant for the first time again, since there are so many things unknown. For instance, my due date is May 3rd, but the average delivery time is 32 weeks, which is March 7th however that is just the average so their arrival could move in either direction. Mark says that these babies are going to be born at 36 weeks (April 4) and are going to be big (big for triplets is probably 5lbs) and healthy. So, this gives me a pretty good window of arrival time which brings me to the next obstacle. How healthy and big will they really be? If they are 3lbs or 5lbs that could make a huge difference. Even if they are on the larger side they may have to spend time in the hospital which is another unknown. When they come home what size clothes will they be wearing, probably preemie, but for how long...plus it will be right around the change of seasons! So, needless to say I am getting only sleepers and onesies out for them to wear and I guess I will have to deal with the rest later. I find it to be overwhelming right now so maybe as time gets closer I will focus more on the clothes situation but for now I guess they will be wearing jammies all the time. Whew...can you tell I am a planner?? I also get asked if I am feeling them and I really don't think that I am, at least not like a singleton. At some point in the middle of the night last night I think I had a dream that I could really feel all 3 of them and they were fighting for space in my belly. My stomach was clearly being jolted around so maybe feeling them all move will not be such a great thing, at least not all at the same time. When I woke up I thought it was real and thought about waking up Mark to feel the babies, but then realized that it must have been a dream. I do think I am feeling things more now than before, but not the little flutters or anything. More like someone kicking or punching at someone saying get the heck out of my way I am trying to get comfortable!

1 comment:

Keira and Kayla's Mommy said...

I'll have to dig out Keira's preemie clothes and pass them your way!