Saturday, February 21, 2009

It's Saturday

Yep, I knew that by looking at the calendar. I really lose track of days here. Since I last updated I made 5 fleece blankets. I was only planning on making 3 however in pure Andi pregnancy style I thought that the material for the boys blankets looked pretty big so I cut it in half. Well, I ended up with blankets that looked more like burp cloths. The nurse that is in charge of out 'entertainment' came in and was dying laughing. Needless to say she brought me new material and is donating the other ones to the NICU. She seemed to think that they would be the perfect size for a 1 to 2 lb baby and mine are going to be much bigger than that!! I have also made two crocheted hats that do not look like children with cone heads should be wearing them. Since the inspiration for the hat came from a site Trisha and I found when looked for bows for Aliyah so I made her a white one and I can't wait to see if it fits her. I also made a tiny pink one. They are so quick and easy to make that I am sure I will make more.

I forgot to mention that last weekend Mark brought me Gone with the Wind since I have never watched the movie. I watched it however I was really confused when it was over. I thought it was supposed to be much longer too. Once I talked to Mark I realized that I had watched the second half of the movie. OF course he made fun of me but I still have not watched the first half. Maybe tonight.

I also have been granted wheel chair privileges. I can go on a 30 minute ride each day and they want me to start sitting up in a chair for a little while each day to get the blood flowing. I didn't think much about the blood flow, but when Mark took me to the cafeteria I felt a little queasy after awhile. After being horizontal for almost 6 weeks I guess the body does have some adjustments to make. Not sure if I mentioned it before , but my other privilege is that I have been able to walk to the lounge which is only about 5 rooms down the hall, but that has been nice not to have to wait for a ride.

No comments: