Thursday, March 19, 2009

Baby update 33 1/2 weeks

Today was a big day. This morning the babies were monitored and they all did well...all within 45 minutes which was nice. This afternoon I went for their measurements and everyone looked great. Christian was 4lbs 1oz, Cecilia 4lbs 1oz and Cohen 4lbs 14oz. Now, these are all approximate weights so they could be off in either direction, but we are pretty sure that Christian and Cecilia are off since since she could not get good measurements of either of their heads based on their location (they are most likely bigger). Based on those measurements I have approximately 13lbs of baby inside of me, not to mention all of the placentas, fluid, etc. No wonder I have a huge front loader!

As excited as we are, weight does not dictate how well they will do on the outside world, but know that every little bit of fat (if you can call it that) is bonus. The key is gestational age and we are good there too. It is hard to believe that at the beginning of February they were all just around 2 1/2 lbs. I feel like my 'lost time' in the outside world has been so worth it.

Last night they increased my dose of contraction medicine from 30mg to 60mg however at 9:30 I was having a lot of contractions. They gave me a shot to stop them, but are not going to do that any more. They checked me and I am dilated to 3 cm so from this point on if I start contracting they will only check to see if I am dilating any more and then it will be off to delivery. I tend to contract more in the evening and at night so we will see what tonight brings. I panic ed about the blood pressure a couple of weeks ago and that has held out so hopefully things will stay calm. If something happens though, as my doctor said, it is a win win situation since I have made it this far.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

That is all such wonderful news! I am so happy for you guys and just know that it's all going to go perfectly. Look at how well you have done thus far.
Congrats and keep up the good work!!
Love~Danielle

Papa Bill said...

Andi,

That is such wonderful news. You don't know how hard I have been praying to hear those words. Thank you God for giving our little Andi the strength to get this far and for watching over our little babmbinos. Please stay with us until this is over and let our entire family be together for Easter.

Love you Andi, Mark and my Little Caleb. You know Andi, those three little guys will be as loved, appreciated and special as our other four grandbabies are. Your mother and I are so blessed to have our children and GRANDchildren.

Love,
Papa and Grandma.