Monday, March 2, 2009

8 out of 8

The babies had their monitoring today and they all behaved and received an 8 out of 8. They each get 30 minutes to 'perform' and Christian and Cecilia took hardly any time at all and then Cohen decided to take a nap. He was in his 28th minute before he decided to breathe. BTW, the breathing that they are doing in utero is not a sign of how well they will do when they come out, but it is one of the indicators of fetal well being. Needless to say I was relieved to not have to be sent have them monitored. I initially thought that this would only be done once a week, but my doctor came in tonight and said that I will probably be going back down again before the end of the week but she would look at the orders and get back to me. She was in a rush because she had to deliver a baby.

I think that I mentioned that I have been feeling and having more contractions. Well last night they were pretty consistent at 5 minutes apart. They gave me another 10 mg of my medicine and that helped. They asked if I had a high pain tolerance since they don't seem to bother me and I sort of laughed since I think I am a baby when it comes to pain. Apparently I am better than I thought. From what they tell me if my contractions go on consistently for 2 hours they will probably check me to see how dilated I am (which has not been done yet) and then make a decision on what to do. They do not want to check to see if I am dilated because they think that will make everyone nervous. Hopefully things will just stay calm and I can keep doing what I am doing.

2 comments:

Sam said...

We're praying for each of you everyday. You are amazing and doing great, love you!

Michael Quinn said...

Thinking of you and hoping all is well.