Monday, January 5, 2009

Ho Hum

It is Monday and the babies do not like them any more than anyone else. In fact, they really like to make my tailbone hurt for sitting in this position and squishing them all day long! As the week goes on it is not so bad, or at least I get used to it. It is so sad when the holidays are over! I know that Caleb has the same sentiments. When Mark took the Christmas lights down he seemed a little perturbed and wanted to immediately throw his ginger bread house away. It is actually the last bit of Christmas we have left out and I think he and Mark keep eating the candy off of it which does not sound appealing to me at all since it has been sitting out for the past couple of weeks. He does keep reminding us that it needs to be thrown away and when you ask him why he says 'because Christmas is OVER' and we have to laugh. The past couple of weeks Mark and I have been so spoiled being home with Caleb as much as we have. He of course loves it too, and since he was out of school when we worked he was lucky enough to get to spend two full days at Aunt Trisha's house and one of them cousin Dominic was also there. Since he is only there after school now which consists mostly of nap time I know he loved this. In addition, at Angie's (his M-W baby-sitter) Christian was also out of school so he had a partner in crime for the full day. The down side is that he has been missing out on his Grandma time since we have been off on Fridays. I'm sure they will catch up this Friday. 2008 had some ups and downs but we have a lot to be thankful for and lots of excitement coming in 2009. The road ahead seems a little uphill at times, but we always manage to get through. Someone told me the other day that I seemed stressed and I guess if I am being completely honest with myself I am. Then I think, who the heck wouldn't be with what we are up against :) We have wonderful families and friends and I know we will get through the next year happy and healthy, even if we are a little sleep deprived. Did I mention that I only have 4 more days of work left?

No comments: