Thursday, January 22, 2009

Update

First off I wanted to thank everyone for all of their thoughts, prayers and offers of support for Mark and Caleb. We are definitely very blessed to have such awesome family and friends. Today was a good day. They checked my cervix which had changed slightly since Tuesday, but really very close to what it was. In addition it seems as it the contractions have stopped. Since I don't feel them I rely on the nurses to tell me. They did have to switch my meds again, but that was to be expected as what I was on could only be used for so long. The good news is that I seem to be responding to the new meds too.

I currently am only hooked up to a monitor for contractions and expect that they will remove my iv port tomorrow or Saturday. They are still monitoring the babies every 4 hours for 30 minutes however depending on their cooperation it can sometimes take a couple of hours to get good readings on all of them. My oxygen level has been around 95 and drops lower at night so I have been hooked up to ensure I have enough oxygen for the babies too.

I have been told that I will be moving to another floor soon...most likely tomorrow or Saturday. They said today that the floor was pretty full and did not want to put me in a room with anyone else since I am 'long term'. On that floor they will not be monitoring me as closely and I will be able to wear regular clothes, etc.

Mark was here all day and decided to take Caleb to Incredible Pizza. Sounded like they had a great time and since today was double ticket day they got lots of goodies to bring home. I'm going to actually try to get some sleep tonight, but we shall see if everyone else has the same plan for me :)

No comments: