Wednesday, January 28, 2009

I flunked

Yep, I failed my glucose test so I have to do the dreaded 3 hour one now. And the lucky part for me is I get to do it through the night so no sleep for me. This is partly my fault since I have to eat when I take me medicine at 6 am otherwise it makes me sick and you have to fast for 8 hours before this test. So I will get to go to bed tonight and at 2 am they will come in and prick me, I will get to drink twice as much nasty stuff as I did last time and then they will come back and take more blood at 3, 4 and 5. Then wake me again at 6. Doesn't that sound like a ton of fun!! My number was really not that far over last time so hopefully this one will come back normal. If not I guess I will get a really fun diet for those who have gestational diabetes. Normally they would have had me retake the test earlier this week as soon as they knew I failed, but they said that the steroid shots can increase the levels and wanted to wait a full week since my last shot to do the test again. Oh yeah, I also figured out my sudden weight gain, it was the scale. I noticed the other day the it was not starting on zero. The nurse came in today and weighed me (after figuring out how to get it back to zero) and it is hard to tell when you change scales but it looks like I have actually lost weight. I have read that this is normal since you tend to loose muscle mass from lack of movement. I'm sure they will keep an eye on it though and I may have to do some special shakes or something but either way the tenants in my belly will take all of the good stuff first anyway.

No comments: